What was in it for Jeremiah?
Sometimes, you need to figure out what you do not want to do before you figure out what you want to do. Jeremiah was successful in retail; however, success does not necessarily equal passion. He was able to add to his people management experience leading a diverse group of individuals. While at the same time, he was able to learn from other managers.
What is in it for you?
Above and beyond the management experience, Jeremiah was able to prove he could turn around key metrics in a short amount of time. He has been able to reproduce this in many roles to come.
EXPANDED RÉSUMÉ EXCERPT:Area Sales Manager
(May 2005 - Aug. 2006)
HIGHLIGHTS OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
- The department performed better than the store trend on turnover rate, 0% full-time and decreased part-time from 67% to 33%.
- Managed a security tag project and increased department compliance to 92% (passing).
- We increased annual departmental sales by 2.2%.
- Improved workflow efficiency, customer experience, and product placement through project management.
- Jeremiah managed the women’s clothing department and approximately 10 team members.
- He served as Executive on Duty with opening and closing responsibilities.
- He trained, developed, and conducted reviews of associates.
- Jeremiah assisted HR in interviewing and staffing.
- He processed and merchandised new products, assured signage, and markdowns were accurate and complete.
- He performed audits on vault, change box, and registers for any possible overage or shortage issues.
- Jeremiah assisted cash office and point-of-sale (POS) cash registers for cash flow.