What was in it for Jeremiah?This opportunity was the catalyst of Jeremiah's passion, making improvements and solving problems. Thanks to an Executive Manager and mentor, Jason, he was introduced to the One Minute Manager book series by Ken Blanchard. This ignited a passion for learning and self-improving. Even with the long hours and high stress, Jeremiah looks back at this season of life with happiness, thanks to someone giving him a chance to prove himself.
What is in it for you?
The foundation is pretty solid. Jeremiah was promoted at the age of 18, after graduating high school. He balanced full-time management with unusual hours while going to college full-time. During this time frame, he took on more management responsibilities due to the improvement in his department while being honored with Dean's List for two semesters. As a retail manager, Jeremiah learned how to manage very diverse individuals and provide customer satisfaction to a wide-array of diverse customers.
What did his Mervyn's colleague say? Take a look at the recommendation.
EXPANDED RÉSUMÉ EXCERPT:Department Manager (May 2002 - Feb. 2004)
HIGHLIGHT OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
- Jeremiah received the district’s Department Manager of the Month award for training district counterparts and upper management on new fill-in procedure and system.
- The Merchandise Processing Manager position was eliminated in May 2002 and the roles and responsibilities were added to Jeremiah's role, Logistic Manager.
- The Store Control Lead position was eliminated in May 2003 and the roles and responsibilities were added to Logistics Manager.
- Jeremiah successfully led a project to decrease the overall inventory error rate and maintained the new rate for the store.
- He led a diverse team of individuals to improve workflow efficiency and inventory accuracy by mentoring and enhancing knowledge set and by performing regular audits to continuously improve.
- Jeremiah successfully managed projects to increase productivity & efficiency with backstock inventory, floor fill-in, and product placement.
- Jeremiah trained, developed, and conducted reviews with team members. He assisted HR in interviewing and staffing.
- He analyzed weekly logistical reports in regards to overall inventory and backstock error rate for the store.
- He assisted other department managers with sales floor move projects.
- Jeremiah was a Visual Assistant and the back-up for the Visual Manager.
- He provided Asset Protection back-up as needed.
- He prepared and led the annual inventory audit for the store.
- Jeremiah oversaw and participated in the trailer unloads and floor product fill-in.
- He managed approximately 15 team members.
- He served as Executive on Duty with store opening and closing responsibilities.