What was in it for Jeremiah?Influential connections were the most important aspects here. Jeremiah worked with his future manager and mentor and was reunited with friends from high school. One became his best man and godfather to his children. During this time, he also met my wife-to-be. From a career standpoint, something stuck with him to make him want to come back to technology and stay in it.
What is in it for you?The experience from this would feed into wanting to get into technology project management and would be a building block for his continued experience at Dell Services and NTT Data Services.
What did his Perot Systems colleague say? Take a look at the recommendation.
EXPANDED RÉSUMÉ EXCERPT:Service Desk Analyst (Mar. 2004 - May 2005)
- Jeremiah was technical support for six healthcare accounts, using clinical and financial applications such as Microsoft Office, STAR, IDX, Meditech, AS400, and Groupwise.
- He utilized a customized version of BMC Remedy Action Request System for incident and request management; helped meet account service level agreements (SLAs).
- Using knowledge management, he created and updated knowledge base articles (KBAs).
- Jeremiah troubleshot PC hardware and software.
- He was able to effectively communicate and guide end-users through troubleshooting and the repair processes.
- If need be, he escalated and communicated to Tier 2 support.
- Jeremiah acted as a point-of-contact with the on-site technicians.
- He received HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) compliance training.